The Massey Knakal team attended RECon, the global retail real estate convention in Las Vegas, Nevada this year. With over 1 million square feet of exhibit space, 100+ retailers and 35,000 industry professionals, there was a lot of ground to cover and lot of people to meet.
Gia LaMarca, Massey Knakal’s SVP of Recruiting and HR says the recruiting opportunties at ICSC are endless. “The talent that I’ve been meeting with both at the convention and industry events has been impressive.”
In addition to visiting booths and networking, ICSC offered many informative sessions including:
* A marketing session hosted by Coca-Cola’s Chief Economist, Carlos Herrera- Cuellar
* An opening session with Twitter’s Co-Founder, Biz Stone
* Opening breakfast hosted by CREW with keynote speaker Jean Chatzky, Award-Winning Journalist & Best Selling Author
* An afternoon session with Brian Corrigan, SVP Capital Markets - Debt & Equity Finance at CBRE
* Lunch & keynote presentation on The Future of Retail with Mike Duke, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
* Plus, over a dozen free education sessions
Even though there are promising business opportunities at the convention, there’s always more opportunties awaiting outside the doors of the Las Vegas Convention Center. “The concentration of NYC landlords at the pool is higher than any where I've ever seen so the opportunities are endless. And it’s nice to connect with people who are not wearing suits. It is really about getting to know someone," said Massey Knakal’s Brendan Gotch.
The opening night concluded with the U.S. MAXI Awards Ceremony and Reception at Encore at Wynn hosted by Howie Mandel, Comedian/Television Host/Actor. Additionally, there were dozens of parties held at restaurants, lounges, pools and clubs.
"Exchanging ideas and brainstorming with industry professionals is essential,” said Massey Knakal’s Betty Castro, Director of Operations, Brooklyn and Queens. “We often face the same challenges and opportunities and its helpful to hear from your peers about their experiences,” she added.
We look forward to RECon 2015!
Photo: Brendan Gotch and Gia LaMarca at the Massey Knakal booth
Corporates/Agents: Betty Castro, Brendan Gotch